TATE'S KINGDOM

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

COLOR









Love color!!! Bright and Bold color.... this is one of the things I liked about the nursery set that I picked. Tate's Kingdom faces sunny South out over the back yard. It is a small room with a large sunny window..... I really wanted to do a PERIWINKLE BLUE on the walls but periwinkle blue has such variances that I opted for another color. Benjamin Moore is a life saver if you want to experiment with color. You can purchase for $3.99 these 18 x 18 square paint samples or buy a small container and paint your own sample on the wall. I have experimented tons with colors for this project. I have taken the comforter and samples to others for opinions. I have taped each sample on the wall so I could see how the light played off of it during the moods of the sun throughout the day and artificial lighting at night. I have come up with these two choices.... and the winner is the darker color!!! I know that it seems real bold and bright for painting a small room, however there are still more plans for these walls..... Pending my limited budget and my willingness to work hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home